Staycations - having a DIY Christmas at home
Christmas as we all know is a time for family, when we all come together, some in extraordinary sized households, to celebrate, eat, drink and be merry. Unless you are the host it will inevitably involve some travel. Some, I know among my relatives, are actually looking forward to a Christmas at home. It’s like the Sword of Damocles has disappeared and every tiny thing that can make Christmas a bit of a damp squib has been removed.
I suppose there might be huge feeling of disappointment that this year you won’t be able to see Uncle Tim or Cousin Mary. Inevitably some will feel isolated and lonely but hey, look on the bright side, there is quite a lot to look forward to even though at the time of writing the powers that be are still working on what the Christmas restrictions forced upon us by the Covid-19 pandemic might be.
This Christmas will like as not be a ‘staycation.’ We will all be in control of our own homes, for some this might be for the very first time. There is so much to look forward to that it is difficult to know where to start. I know, let’s with preparing your home for a bit of festive cheer...and that’s where we at Pines & Needles come in. We have everything you need to make sure your home is a bright and festive place to be, explore our website or come along to one of pop-up stores (restrictions permitting) ...nuff said. The other pluses? I hear you ask. Well here goes:
- You might not have to go to Church (could be good, could be bad!)
- Once you have done the shopping dump the car. No more travel.
- Set your own routine, choose the films and TV you want to watch and perhaps this year choose not to watch ‘Love Actually!’
- Eat what you want and when you want to eat it.
- Get the beers in and any other alcohol that takes your fancy.
- Party games are not compulsory.
- Sleep in, go to bed very late, there are no relatives to worry about getting breakfast for. The kids will just do their thing.
Last but not least make this Christmas yours, not somebody else’s! Have a good one.